A reflection on my 2011 Fashion experiments
|Belting and a dress with pants!|
This year has definitely been life changing and I've enjoyed the ride.I've visited new places, tried new things, met new people! Of course on here, I want to talk about the new fashion things I've tried. :)
1. Belting! Ok, I've worn belts before. Mostly in the 90's with my mom jeans, but wearing a belt is nothing new. However, this year, thanks to my Fashion Diaries friends, I have embraced belting all sorts of things to make the outfit more figure flattering and feminine. I'm loving it and belting everything now! I was able to find a couple thin belts at Forever 21 for $1.50 a piece, so not only am I having fun with a trend, I also spent very little money.
|Sneakers with a dress? Yes, please!|
2. Chucks with dresses! I have always admired this look on fun, quirky girls, but could never bring myself to do it. I don''t know if it's because I'm not an out of the box thinker normally or that my OCD makes me not like to mix genres of clothes, but I have never been able to do it. This year, I couldn't find the right shoes to wear with a dress and so I broke down, wore the chucks, and LOVED it! So comfy and so cute! I wore this outfit to the mall to do a little Christmas shopping and as I walked by a teenage girl and her mom. The girl looked at her mom and said "I love her shoes!!". Score one for me!!!
|Skinnies and boots tucked in!|
|Chopped it off!!!|
I have kept the hair cut most of the year. It has been fun trying something new, but 2011 will always be "The Year I Cut My Hair Off". I'm growing it back out now, and trying to enjoy each new haircut I have as I slowly gain my hair back. I'm looking forward to my 2012 year of hair...who knows what that will bring!? Pink streaks maybe??
What about you? What are your fashion experiments from 2011 or what are you going to try in 2012?
Here are a few that I'm going to try:
1. Colored tights (another thing I wore in the 80's!!)
2. Dresses with full skirts (going to channel my inner 50's housewife or Rachel Berry from Glee)
3. Hats (I used to wear them all the time when I was young. As I grow my hair out, I'm looking forward to rocking all sorts of hats this year)
4. 2 piece bathing suit that's not a tankini (I am determined this year to get into the best shape of my life. I have a new found love for the gym...so here's to hoping I get a new red 2 piece this year!!)
That's all for now my friends! I would love to hear from you! Make sure to go to Beauty in the Everyday on Facebook and "Like" it!
peace, love, and cute shoes,