Oh what a year....

Hello my friends! Happy almost 2013! Where did this year go?? I have been meaning to sit down and write this blog for days, but I guess I've been too busy doing Pinterest projects and hanging with family. :)

How has 2012 treated you? If you've read a few of my posts, you know how mine has been. Tough. Probably one of the toughest years I've had as an adult. But even in the toughness, it's been one of my best years. Here are a few of my highlights:


  • I started this blog! Well technically it was started in 2011, but I actually kept up with it in 2012. It has been a fun outlet for me and has been read in at least 10 countries. WHAT!? So thank you all for reading my silliness and sharing in my journey. :) 
  • I changed positions at work. It was a scary move for me, as I've shared before, but it was such a good move. I love what I do...I'm challenged daily and am learning and growing. 
  • I discovered a new hobby. I've shared my furniture makeovers in several posts this year. I have discovered that I love sanding, painting, choosing colors, and bringing new life into things that others have overlooked or discarded. 
  • I made new friends and cultivated my relationships with old friends. This year would have been a lot tougher without a group of people loving me and encouraging me through.
  • I started a journal. Most of you won't know what a big deal this is for me. I normally hate that sort of thing, but as I'm getting older (eek!), I'm realizing how good it is to get my thoughts on paper or to record the words of others for reflection later. I now have 3-4 journals going for different things. My purse is getting heavy! LOL
  • I took fashion risks. I posted at the end of 2011 the new things I wanted to do this year with my style and I did a bunch of them. I think I have finally found my style...it's only taking me 36 years to do it. I'm looking forward to new things in 2013, but that is a post for another day.
  • I started getting healthy. I embraced and loved the gym. I started eating cleaner. I learned to like organic. Now, I have slacked (A LOT) at the end of the year, but I'm looking forward to getting back to it in the new year.
  • I opened an Etsy store with Mr. Thrifty! My dream of being a small business owner is finally coming true. It is currently a VERY small business, but I am so excited to see where it will go. 
What about you? What is your highlight reel for the year? I encourage you to look back today and think about what good things helped define your year. 

I am so looking forward to the new year and sharing more of my silly life with you all. 

peace, love, and cute shoes,
~chrissy

Comments

Popular Posts