Restore....

Created with the Rhonna Designs app

I honestly didn't set out to write anything tonight. I logged on to check on the blog and make sure it hadn't turned to mold or dust. I was astonished to find the although I haven't posted since October (GAH! Why do I neglect my baby??), that people have still been reading things that I have written.

Through the magic of the interwebs, words that I don't even remember writing are still being read by people I don't know. I am unbelievably humbled. 

2014 was an amazing year for me and for my little blog. I posted more than I ever have and have reached more people than I ever have. My word of 2014, CREATE, definitely started reshaping my life and outlook on my calling and passions.

As 2015 approached, I thought I had my word chosen. It was going to be CHOOSE. I had great plans for it, but late in December it felt wrong. It felt overwhelming. So I chucked it.

I then strongly considered REST because I am in desperate need of a quieting of my mind and a restoration of my body....

But REST seemed too passive for an overachiever with severe ADD.

As I wrote a comment on a friend's photo, I used the word that was to become my word of 2015....

RESTORE....

It grabbed me and I knew it was meant for me. There is REST in it, but it also implies so much more.

Dictionary.com defines RESTORE as follows:
1.
to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish:
to restore order.
2.
to bring back to a former, original, or normal condition, as a building,statue,  or painting.
3.
to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
4.
to put back to a former place, or to a former position, rank, etc.:
to restore the king to his throne.
5.
to give back; make return or restitution of (anything taken away or lost).
6.
to reproduce or reconstruct (an ancient building, extinct animal, etc.)in the original state.

Wow. Just wow. Once I looked up the definitions, I knew I was on the right track. I was not exactly sure then what I needed or wanted from the word, but I knew it would sort it's self out.

Already, RESTORE has been layering perfectly with CREATE. Last year, there were so many new opportunities, gifts, friends, travels, etc. This year is already proving to be far above what I could ask or imagine for my former "lost" dreams being restored and long hidden passions and callings being brought forward and given life.

I cannot wait to share with you all the amazing things that are going on. Thank you, lovely reader, for being a part of the RESTORATION process in my life. I hope that I can be that for you as well.

peace, love, and RESTORING dreams,
chrissy :) 


Comments

Popular Posts